Sunday, March 17, 2013

Atlantis Resort - Paradise Island, Bahamas

I took almost 200 pictures at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas but don't worry,  I won't post them all. I have chosen my top 15 pictures to share with you. 

 What you see above is a $1,000,000 sculpture depicting the moon. They had 4 glass sculptures but this one was my favorite. 
The picture below is of one of the main lobbies. Darryl and I were blown away at the attention to detail all around the resort. 

In the upper lobby looking down into the lower lobby where you can see the windows to the aquarium. I loved the railing with the nautilus outlines.

The dome of the same lobby. 

The main aquarium in the 'ruins' of Atlantis. 

A picture from the lower lobby. 

From the sea side of the resort. The "Bridge" or Arch is a 5000 sq. ft. Suite which is called the Michael Jackson suite since he was the first person to stay in it. 11 Rooms and 8 permanent staff. For $25,000 a night (4 night minimum) + gratuities you can stay there. But not until 2017. It's reserved until then. 

Another view with Darryl in it so we can prove we were there. 

If I ever build a dome house on the beach I would love it to look like this. 


I love the seas serpents on the edge of the dome. 

The lower railing was just as elaborate.

A school tour going through the aquarium tunnel. 

Darryl and I leaving the Bahamas.

Goodbye to this lovely sunny Island.
On Tuesday or Wednesday I will post pictures of our last couple of days on board the Carnival Conquest. It was a lovely cruise and I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: