Thursday, May 10, 2018

Kansas City Here I come!

Well, I didn't actually stay in Kansas City, but I did fly in and out of the airport. 
Friday morning, April 27th, I left to go meet up with my sisters, Michelle and Sandy, and my brother John for a mini family reunion. We flew in to surprise my sister-in-law Nancy as she performed in the Blue Springs Community Theater production of Steel Magnolias.
 Above, Shelly and I waiting for Sandy.
Below, posing with "Truvy" in the beauty shop chair after the show. 
(I know we took pictures with John, but I didn't get any)

Saturday morning the 3 of us went for a walk. Michelle was in training for the 
"Indy Mini 1/2 Marathon"

We treated John and Nancy to dinner at "The Little BBQ Joint" and it was delicious. This was our table. What a neat idea!

Saturday afternoon we went to the Steamboat Arabia Museum in Kansas City.

Steamboat Arabia hit a snag and went down in the Missouri River in November 1856 carry over 100 passengers and a cargo bound for mercantile stores up the river.

The wreck was discovered and recovered in 1988 and has the largest collection of pre-Civil War artifacts assembled. They are still cleaning and cataloging artifacts today, 30 yrs. later.

It is an amazing museum and I highly recommend going to see it if you are ever in Kansas City. These are just a few of the dozens of photos I took.




An actual size replica of the boat deck.

This is the paddle wheel and engine from the boat, and it is running.

We went back to John's to take a couple of family photos and to walk around the Independence Town Square. Here is Michelle (or Shelly as we call her) being her true self.

Of course, no girls night out would be complete without a little pampering. Mud masks - part of our regular beauty routine!

This is why we are all so beautiful! 

April 30 - Driving home to Oregon. 
I know I'm almost home to Darryl when I can see Mount Hood in the distance.

It's been a wonderful month!

No comments: