Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Enjoying Autumn in Indiana and Life

A lot has happened in the 6 weeks since the Eppert Family Reunion

Look at this beautiful young woman! Emily Mae you are a doll!

My oldest grandchild and my youngest daughter. The seemed more like sisters when Emily went out to stay with Hillary and her family.

You never know what you are going to see on the streets of South Bend on a Wednesday afternoon.

I started my first art class on Wednesday Sept. 11th,  at the South Bend Museum of Art. My first attempt at painting people and movement. My medium in Oil Paints.


I saved a frog from getting squished and returned him to the pond.

 On Saturday September 21st, Darryl and I took advantage of the beautiful day and took a canoe down the St. Joseph River.

This is such a slow moving and relaxing river .... ahhhh.

We pretty much had the whole river to ourselves.


And I started a watercolor art class on Mondays. 

My finished Oil painting... I think. I may have to do more. We'll see.

I bought a couple of new tea cups from which I enjoy my evening herbal infusion.

I worked on some acrylic abstract paintings at home.

The last Saturday in September we went to the pumpkin patch to get some festive decor for our little apartment.

The pumpkins, Indian Corn and chrysanthemums were beautiful to behold.

Our little bit of autumn at home.

 Each week I have painting homework from my watercolor class. Here is a sample.

I also started work on a new 12x16 watercolor.

I also started a new oil painting the first of October.

Every weekday morning I call my 11 yr. old grandson Gideon at 8:00 a.m. my time, 5:00 a.m. in Phoenix, to go for a walk together for 20- 40 minutes. He tells me what he did at school and we talk of things he wants to create and do as we try to get 1.75 - 2 miles in.

After we walk we do some stretches before we start the day.
I love the mornings I get to walk with my "Gid the Kid"!

After we hang up the phone he has to get ready for school and I usually do yoga.

Darryl and I enjoyed our General Conference weekend.
Dome Technology has Darryl building two salt storage domes for the Indiana Toll Road. He has a small crew of 5 guys and I think he is enjoying this job quite a bit. A little less stress perhaps than the bigger domes? Maybe.

 We also enjoyed a day at the Indianapolis, Indiana Temple. What a gorgeous edifice. Incredibly beautiful on the inside.

Finished.
This painting is from a photo I took at Tybee Island, Georgia this summer.

And more watercolor technique homework.

 Finally the leaves are starting to change color and I can't tell you how happy it makes my heart to see it!

I finished my second oil painting...

and found a great Halloween costume at an estate sale.

And I spend my days in awe as I take in all of the vibrant colors of this beautiful autumn.

This last weekend, October 19 - 20th, we had Stake Conference and a North America, North East Area Devotional. This was probably the best stake conference I have ever attended. Well, in the top 3 at least! It was definitely the best I've ever attended where there were no General Authorities or Apostles.
We were Spiritually fed and uplifted from the first talk to the end of Conference. I was happy to get to lead the music in the Saturday evening session, and oh, do these Hoosiers love to sing out! I think I smiled the whole time. The Music was fabulous in both sessions and Darryl and I enjoyed singing in the choir. And I wish you could have heard the Saxophone solo of 
O' Divine Redeemer. It was exquisite and something I will never forget. We finished off the weekend  at the devotional listening to Elder D. Todd Christofferson and Elder M. Russell Ballard talk of the founding of this great Nation and admonishing all of us to Pray for our Country and leaders. Oh how blessed we are!

No comments: