Sunday, May 5, 2019

Home Again.Then Gone Again - Strawberry Festival

On Wednesday February 20th Darryl and I flew home from Manchester, England by way of Amsterdam, Netherlands. 

If I owned a home and had a garden I would have brought home some tulip bulbs to plant.


When our flight arrived in Atlanta we had an extra long layover due to severe thunderstorms. We made it home to Baton Rouge just after midnight but our luggage didn't make it. 

The following day I picked up our luggage and as we unpacked it we found it was soaked through. The only things that were ruined were a couple of my collector's addition Harry Potter books I had purchased for my grandchildren.


I notified Delta Airlines that same day about the damage, filled out the correct forms, and talked with a representative, and within 48 hours a check was in the mail to reimburse me for the damage. Thank you Delta.

I was home about 40 hours before I packed my mini van and took off for North Carolina to meet my 2 week old grandson, Wesley John Guffey. 


Oh my sweet Wesley! I wish I knew what he was trying to tell me.


After two days in North Carolina I headed south to Florida where I met up with Cody, Alisa and the Redhead Express to help them out at the Strawberry Festival.

I truly enjoy this festival and being able to spend time with my sweet grandchildren and LaRea and Kendra's sons who call me Grandma Cindy.


Rachel is getting so very big. She looks so grown up here.

I had a great time taking her, Ryan and Hyrum on the rides.

My little strawberry princess.

With Ryan and

Hyrum.

Showing grandma how she drives a tractor in the strawberry field.

Cody and Rachel dancing to Mommy's Song.

A picture from one of my morning walks.

Rachel showing off her new headband and beads.

Little Ross gets in some dancing during the girls show.


Tony the Tiger came back to the trailers and said hello to the kids.

Rachel was not to keen on the big characters of Tony the Tiger and especially Mr. & Mrs. Berry.

Each year I take Rachel to get her face painted, she has great time picking out the pattern she wants...











..and she is an old hand at sitting still why the artist applies the paint.

Oh how pretty!

Having some more fun on the carousel.

Rachel and Mommy Alisa.

Going on rides with Hyrum and Ryan.



Rachel at the wheel.

Inside the "Strawberry go round".

Rachel the Easy Rider.

Having fun with her cousins.

Jason came to see us while we were in Florida. He and Ross bond over some screen time.

Rachel "Stylin" in her shades while attending mommy's show.


Tony the Tiger visited the girls and the Walker Boy's on stage during their shows.

Ross and his cousin Gary 'chillin' behind the scenes of the Redhead Express show.

I absolutely love this photo. Ross was actually 'singing', or trying to, and Gary wasn't so sure about it.



Yay!... Good job!
My 12 days at the Strawberry Festival just flew by. Before I knew it we were finished and I was on my way back to Darryl in Louisiana and for some much needed rest. But, not for long, there was more fun to come!

No comments: