Wednesday, May 8, 2019

March and April Fun in Louisiana

St. Patrick's Day came on Sunday this year and it gave me a chance to wear my favorite green dress with a fun Shamrock Stick on Tattoo on my ankle.

Darryl and I do our part to participate in March Madness Basketball. Okay, not really, but it was pretty funny when we left that morning and realized that both teams were playing in the tournament that day. Sorry about the backwards photo. 😉

And grandma gets some workouts in each day. Some days are T-25 Fitness, some are Dance Fitness, Some days I walk for miles and do 4 minute core workouts and most every day is a yoga day.

The last weekend in March Darryl and I visited the San Francisco Plantation in St. John the Baptist Parish. It was quite unique compared to many of the plantations we have seen. 

The grounds were quite beautiful and very peaceful.

We also drove down to New Orleans to check out a few things in preparation for Patty's 60th birthday celebration that would be coming up in 2 weeks.

And look who I ran into. A dear friend from North Vigo High School, Kurt Owens. Kurt Graduated with Michelle and we had a great time in musicals and hanging out. Kurt works in New Orleans.


My dessert of the month, -  I made Lemon Meringue pie. More exercising is now needed. 

I pulled out my oil paints and tried a couple of new paintings. The first time oil painting in 9 months.


And after 5 long months I practiced some watercolor paintings.

April arrived and I decided I needed to piece together little Miss Avery's 'Jungle Gym' quilt top. 

April 13th celebrate our little J.J. who's has recovered so remarkably since his accident 3 years ago. He is 4 now and here he is with his Service Dog Slippers.

It is now our family tradition to take treats to First Responders in our area, wherever that may be, on or near the 13th of April as a thank you for their work and sacrifice to help save so many lives. This year I took Chocolate Chip Cookies to the Plaquemine Fire Station.
It makes me proud that we now have 3 nephews who are Firefighters and a Paramedic. Thank you Clint Wiley, Cole Wiley and Matt Templeton for all you do!

No comments: