Wednesday, March 6, 2024

My First Sweet Adeline's Competition

 Oh... FYI - Before I left Disney Springs I just had to buy one more hat!


Saturday April 29, 2023
Our Saturday 'date' included a trip to Tractor supply for some materials for Darryl to use at work, and it was all I could do to keep him from buying baby chicks!

I have been busy packing up the house as we have to vacate this apartment by May 8th.


Oh Look! I found the last, lost Easter egg (at least I hope it's the last one).


On Sunday April 28th, the Toast of Tampa along with The Harolds of Harmony, put on a concert in Sun City, Florida to showcase our contest numbers for Sweet Adelines Regionals.

Friday May 5, 2023
We drove over to Daytona Beach, FL for the Sweet Adeline's International, Coastal Region 9 regional competition.

Our first day there the weather was beautiful!

Shows, Programs and Quartet competitions were the order of the day and Darryl really enjoyed it and I loved it all!

It started clouding up around supper time...

Which made for a lovely sunset and evening...

The night view from our room.

But Saturday we had just a ton of rain, rain, rain...
We didn't let that slow us down!
☔☔☔
The first order of the day on Saturday was competition for Southern Company Chorus!

We did a great job and I was so happy to be able to compete with them! Love these Ladies!

Toast of Tampa is the current Regional Champions and did not compete this season, but we did sing our International Competition pieces for the Judges evaluation and also we sang a bow out Package at the end of the evening.

Getting ready with my beautiful ladies...above: Claudia Galt, Jennifer Jackson and Susan Musselman.
Smiling with me in our selfie are mother and daughter Susan and KaleyAnna Raabe.


Sweet Emily Easley..

And my mentor and listener from the Bass section, Gari Brindle.

With Debbie Voor and Meg Mahoney.

Waiting for the call to line up.

My Hoosier Buddy Lyndall Bradfield.

When it was all said and done we went out to dinner with the Southern Company Crew...

What a delicious and fun time!

With Wendy Tompkins


Sherry Rodriguez and her lovely Granddaughter... and our director, Linda Versoza.

My Bass Buddy in SCC as Well as TOT - Gloria Churchill!

I met a new friend and former Sorority sister of my baby sister Sandy. Cheryl from Spirit of the Gulf Chorus! 

It was a delightful weekend, and when we left Darryl concluded that I needed to figure out how to stay in Florida through October and go to International Competition with Toast of Tampa.
He is the best husband ever! 

No comments: