Sunday, December 29, 2019

Mid-November Vacation!

Darryl and I spent the first 2 weeks in November getting our crew moved out of their apartments and demobilizing the job sites. We packed up on the 14th and headed for the Smokey Mountains of Virginia where we visited with Skye and Ryan and Darryl helped to remodel their upstairs Bathroom.


I had a lot of fun playing with the girls, Reagan, Annabelle and little Avery.

Reagan was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I stayed up late to decorate cookies for the occasion, but there was a small problem. I forgot to add any flavoring and they tasted terrible, so I scraped the frosting off and just used canned frosting on the cookies.

Reagan's baptism was wonderful. Her father Ryan baptized her and there were over 50 people who came to celebrate this wonderful occasion with her.

Reagan with Mom and Dad....

And with her 'Nonna', Ryan's mother Donna who made Reagan's beautiful dress.

Reagan with her grandparents, Donna and Doug Lowry.

I am so proud of this big girl! Grandma Cindy and Reagan,

and with Grandpa Darryl.

Annabelle joined us as she was enjoying the cookies.

It was a lovely evening for everyone.

Skye and Reagan.

And with Annabelle again.

I am so blessed! 💖 How I love my Skye!

How big is Avery?!

Soooo Big!

Darryl and I drove down to North Carolina to see our Guffey families and Grandma enjoyed her snuggles with sweet Wesley.

I think he loves me too!

And this boy really, really loves his Grandpa Darryl!💗

I think he can look right into your soul! 


And he loves to give kisses! 😘


💕But oh how he loves his Daddy!💕



The night before Thanksgiving Cami and Jacob hosted a "Pop in for Pie" night! This was just what they made for the event, and the guest brought even more goodies! YUM! 

Darryl and I also had the opportunity to sing Christmas Carols with the Lincolnton Ward Choir.

On Thanksgiving morning we drove back up to Virginia where we found the cooks busy in the kitchen preparing a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. Even Little Miss Annabelle was busy preparing Deviled Eggs.

Hey... Miss Avery is "In the Money".  We looked over and she was cleaning out Grandpa Darryl's wallet.... and enjoying it!

Now here is where I should have put up the photos of our Thanksgiving feast, but the truth is we were having so much fun with all of the family that was there (Skye and Ryan's Family, Donna and Doug, and Ryan's sister Stephanie and her family) I forgot to take any photos. But trust me - It was amazing! Thank to all of you for the wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

No comments: