Sunday, December 1, 2019

What's Happening in November

The weather has turned decidedly cooler and Darryl is sporting his flannel shirts again. He's also fixing more and more clocks these days.

I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed this beautiful "Hoosier" autumn. I have always said Indiana is the most beautiful place in the world in Autumn with the trees turning all shades of yellows, gold, reds and more!

Some days it was hard to drive down the street as I kept wanting to stop every time I saw a beautiful, colorful tree and take a photo.





Some of the most beautiful trees were in my dear friend's yard. I made a quick trip down to Brazil and Seelyville to visit Michelle and Patty. 

On the way back I stopped in Indianapolis to visit my dear high school friend, Janice Fetter-Salmon. At one time we were on the North High School Gymnastics Team together. I think we're lookin' pretty good for a couple of 60+ yr. old gymnasts. 

On Sunday we said goodbye to our friends in the Mishawaka Ward.

Above with Sister Susan Ritchie and below with Stephanie Perrin.

And with my Harry Potter buddy Keshia Meikle.

On Monday Nov. 11th Darryl and I took the last piece of rental equipment back to United Rental. Of Course there was a snow storm just starting as he drove this manlift nearly a mile to the store.

The South Bend Salt Storage Dome.


The following morning the day dawned bright, clear and cold.

I am going to miss the ducks in our pond when we leave here.

And finally, one of "The Greatest Generation" is laid to rest.

Darryl's Uncle Frank Carr passed away a few weeks ago in Payson, Arizona and his Memorial service was held in Phoenix  at National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona.

He was buried with full Military Honors at the private service. I was grateful that Cali was able to be there to represent our family.


His daughter, Jane Medlock, read a wonderful eulogy. Oh how we love Jane and her family. I can't wait to see them, hopefully this New Year!

Finally, Darryl and I have been filling up our lives with some wonderful auction finds. Here is something that I found and I really want and someday maybe I will get one. 
This awesome Denoyer-Geppert Geographical Map takes me back to my Jr. High School Days. Ah well....... I guess I'll just have to go to more auctions. 

No comments: