Sunday, October 11, 2020

An Indiana Quickie - Another Salt Dome

 June 8, 2020

Pascagoula, MS

The Dome Client we were working for in Pascagoula decided to postpone the project until after hurricane season so the Management at Dome Technology sent Darryl to Angola, Indiana to build another salt dome for the Indiana Toll Road.


Angola is in the very northeast corner of Indiana, just minutes from the Michigan and Ohio borders.
🌳🌳🌳

Before I could leave to meet up with Darryl in Indiana I had to pack up the balcony and find someone to take the Tomato Plants in the earth boxes.

I left Mississippi on the 11th and spent the night in Cave City, Kentucky.

 I arrived in Indiana on the afternoon of June 12th to a very handsome goatee'd stranger. Oh, it's not a stranger,  it's my sweetheart!


Angola is absolutely beautiful. Until we found an apartment we stayed at the Potawatomie Inn in Pokagen State Park and enjoyed hiking the beautiful trails and enjoying the beach.







June 15th. This would have been the 68th Wedding Anniversary of these two kids, my parents John and Charlotte. They divorced in 1973 and my father remarried in 1974, but remained dear friends.

I have felt very impressed that they loved one another until the day they died. My mother died in October of 1987 and my father passed away in August 1997. We had their temple work done and they were sealed on March 12, 2002.

The best parents ever!

No comments: