Sunday, April 24, 2022

Arizona "VACAY"! (slang for Vacation)

Thursday March 31, 2022

I woke up sore and with a bad headache. Not sure what I did, but luckily Cali had some ibuprofen, which helped a lot.

***

In the morning Darryl took me shopping for some new exercise clothes, bras, etc., since I lost mine when the suitcase fell off of the truck. In the afternoon I went swimming with Parker.


Saturday April 2, 2022

Parker is in the running club at school, and when she asked us if we would run in the city wide RUN3rd 5k, we said ...hmmm...sure, we can walk it. 



It was a family affair with only Alan not able to join us. He works the graveyard shift so he needed to sleep.

Darryl actually ran pretty much the whole distance and finished first in his age group, men 65-69 yrs. old. Congratulations!!



But the biggest surprise of the day was when it was announced that I had finished 2nd in my age group, 65-69, in the women's division. After my name was announced I heard Cali say aloud, "How the heck did that happen!" Oh what a great time!


Monday April 4, 2022
We enjoyed watching General Conference over the weekend, and on Sunday night we took Cali and Alan to the airport to catch their flight to San Juan, Puerto Rico where they set sail for their much delayed (due to Covid-19), honeymoon cruise.
****
I had a good time fixing Parker's hair before school each morning.

Tuesday April 5, 2022
Darryl and I were able to attend an endowment session at the beautifully renovated Mesa Temple.

So beautiful and peaceful!

Smile Honey!


Tuesday night I braided Parker's wet hair into small braids and she loved the results Wednesday morning.



Two sets of missionaries moved in to the unit a couple of doors down from Cali's house, so Wednesday afternoon we made a couple of Lemon Meringue pies and took one to the Missionaries house.

We kept one for ourselves and Gideon and Parker loved it, with Parker saying it was her new favorite pie.


No comments: