Sunday, November 15, 2020

A Slow September

 After our weekend in Amelia Island not much happened for the next 2 weeks. Then it started to get exciting and busy.


I pulled out my oil paints and made a real mess of myself as I tried to capture the early morning seascape of Amelia Island on canvas.


We went to Luis Higuera's for a Carne Asada to celebrate Rosa's (his wife's) birthday.


I love their civiche! I could eat it all day all the time!

I walked and walked as I took part in the weight loss and fitness challenge with my girls and Sandy. By early September I had lost 8 pounds.

And we still see the constant reminders of the Covid-19 pandemic. Some are more humorous than others, like this sign at the dry cleaners.


Hurricane Sally hit Pensacola on September 16th and the following weekend Darryl and I volunteered to be part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints "Mormon Helping Hands" clean up efforts in Daphne, Alabama.

Our team cut up and cleared away a lot of fallen trees and debris. We met a very nice gentleman who was just overcome with emotion as we quickly cleaned up the 4 fallen trees on his property.


Lunch time with Brother Jeffrey Holifield.

As we were cleaning the home of one young family we found out they were church members from Utah, but his wife had grown up in Idaho and went to elementary school in Menan at Midway Elementary.

As I talked to her I found out her name was Brinda (Bun) Green and she went to school with Hillary and knew her quite well. She also said she had come to a wedding at our dome house (Cali's) with her uncles, Nathan and Phillip Ashcraft. I told her some of my fond memories of her grandparents, Nathan's parents. We did a video call and talked to Hillary for a few minutes, it was quite fun. What a small world it is in the church.

Our last work order was for a house in a subdivision that was hard to get to due to all the fallen trees on the streets. The house was on a hill and had a mess of trees and limbs in the front and back yard. I slipped and slid into the water in a ditch and was soaked. Luckily I brought dry clothes and when we finished was able to change. What a great day of work and service.

The following Wednesday I went up to Skye and Ryan's to visit and give Skye a little help with some cleaning and organizing. Of course we I had to make cookies with Annabelle and Reagan..

And I took their new little puppy Minnie for several walks.

What a cutie this little Minnie is!

On Friday I drove down to North Carolina so I could attend Micah's baptism. I stayed with Cami and Jacob and got to spend time with all my grandchildren. 
"Good morning Miss Izzy!"

Sunday Morning before church and for once the curl stayed in my hair. Must be Cami's great hair products or something.

Well, good morning Marshall Doc!

And hello to you my "hayseed" grandson Gage!

I feel so blessed that we are now able to go to church in our buildings. We are required to wear masks so Izzy and I wanted a picture so years from now we can show my great grandchildren what it was really like.

Handsome Wesley is not required to wear a mask. No one wants to cover that cuteness!

Gage, Izzy Wesley and Grandma Cindy at church.

It's the birthday and baptism boy! Hello Micah! 
Micah had a wonderful baptism with lots of family there to support him.

He is so handsome in his new 3 piece suit and tie!

After the baptism and a great dinner and Mike and Dru's, I went for a walk with Cami, Jacob, Lily and Izzy.

On Monday I drove back to Mississippi, but this time I brought Darryl and Big Surprise!

No comments: