Monday, November 2, 2020

Summer in Indiana - A Peaceful Place to Be

As pandemic restrictions were lifted in Indiana, and riots and civil unrest continued to plague some parts of the nation, I couldn't think of a safer or more peaceful place to be than the Amish and Farm country of North Eastern Indiana.


Another Sunday walk in Pokagen State Park.



The new Dome Air form arrived and we inflated on July 28th.





On the 29th I went into Shipshawana to attend the Auction and Flea Market. This is the town where Grandma and Grandpa Yoder grew up and would bring Darryl here as a young boy.



Darryl loved the auction but I loved the flea market. I get so many fun ideas for painting, decorating and gifts!


I would love to paint on old windows like this gentleman does!


Because we were short handed at work, I had to man the concrete pump each day as they sprayed the shotcrete and then spend the next 1 - 1.5 hours cleaning it. But hey... The dome looks good.


The first of August I started an 8 week fitness challenge with some of my girls and Sandy. Thank you Hillary for getting us started on this. Every day I would do yoga and then walk 2 - 4 miles on the wonderful paved path that wound through town and out to the park.

Happy 66th Birthday Darryl! Now you can get Social Security!


I had to make a quick trip to Shelburn, Indiana to pick up some foam for Darryl and was able to see Laura and Clay Huffman's new baby boy Tay.

My morning routine. Walk, Yoga, Healthy Breakfast and Scripture Study. 


2 weeks into the challenge and down 5 pounds.


The best way to start my day!

Saturday August 8, 2020
There was a time,  1995 - 1997, when we lived in a cabin and small house trailer on 40 acres of woods, corn fields 2 little lakes and a stream. We were off grid and used a generator, Kerosene stove and heaters and loved it. Our favorite catalogue to peruse was the Lehman's Non-Electric catalogue from their Kidron, Ohio Store.

On this Saturday we decided to drive over and see for ourselves all of the wonderful Non-electric merchandise. We were a little disappointed as the store has been updated in the last 20 years and instead of the Amish Non-Electric items being the bulk of the store it has more fun tourist items. It was a great store, I guess I just wanted to see the store from 20 years ago.


A few days later we received a call from Dome Technology telling us they were sending Berkley out to run this job and we would be leaving for Pascagoula to restart the Dome job for Enviva.
We were able to squeeze in one last trip to Shipshawana for the auction and Flea market and Classic Car Cruise-In in Orland, Indiana, otherwise known as the Vermont Settlement.










Look Girls!!!! A sugar free shave Ice!

One more thing before I close out the month of August. Our beautiful Granddaughter Emily did some period costume modeling for her friend. 


We are so blessed to have this beautiful woman as part of our family! 

And just for fun, how about a little bit of Wesley smiles and loves as we end the month.
Shiloh and Jason's oldest and youngest, just to of the many, many, many blessings that are my wonderful grandchildren!

No comments: