Friday, December 3, 2021

Life is Better When Avery is Helping

 I have recently been informed that my blog posts have turned into more of a "travelogue" and "I love my grandchildren" blog and less of a "I am Cindy and this is my life" blog. So with these next posts I will try to do better. 

Let's start with this -

I do not know who the author is, but it is a suggestion I will definitely take to heart. Flashlights and batteries, I think I can use this in a talk sometime.


And some more wise insight from my favorite economist and philosopher...

August 8 - 13, 2021

And now on to Little Avery, the big helper.....
💖💖💖
Did you know that Miss Avery is an aspiring musician? She helped me do the dishes by entertaining me with her drumming. 

She used her new chopsticks and drummed 🥁 out a song on every surface she could find.



And she danced while she did it!

Avery also used her new "Bug Glass" to inspect some of the paintings to make sure they real and not fakes.


"I think these are the real deal grandma."
😊😊
She organized my jewelry by wearing all of my rings and a few bracelets at the same time. That way she wouldn't lose them.

On the way home from church we stopped so the girls could have their picture taken with Mater the Tow truck and the "Tipped" tractor. 



 August 10th 
Skye arrived from Utah to pick up the girls, but first she wanted to have a beach day and try out the paddleboard. Of course miss Avery helped her out any way she could.


"Look Mom, no hands."



Then Avery found her own paddleboard (a kick board) and taught us all how to have a good time.


Then she helped her mom and Annabelle take a nap. It was such a fun and relaxing day.

Thursday morning the 11th
Avery helped Reagan, Annabelle and I clean out my minivan so we could take it to Georgia to for Shiloh and her family. She was very good using the vacuum.

Annabelle was a big help too sweeping out all of the seats.


And the back of the van..

Yep, Avery is really a big helper alright.

We left on Thursday afternoon to drive up to North Augusta to Doug and Donna Lowry's. I drove my "new-to-me" 2011 orange minivan that Skye drove down from Utah and she drove the old white minivan that I am giving to Shiloh's family.
While we were there Miss Avery checked out the swing to make sure it worked properly and everyone went swimming, including Grandma Cindy. 

Unfortunately, on of our big helpers removed the cover to the pool skimmer and while coaching Skye on her swimming stroke, I stepped into the 2 foot hole of the skimmer and severely sprained my knee. I was on crutches for several days before I could start walking normal. 

Now my big helper is gone just when I need her most. 
Love you little miss Avery!