Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Our August Road Trip and The Eppert Family Reunion

 Friday August 11, 2023

We woke up just after 6:00 am, packed our bags, packed the car and left for our road trip out west at 11:00 am. We spent the night in St. Charles, Missouri and left early the following morning for Cheyenne, Wyoming. We got up early on Sunday and drove to Laramie where we went to church before driving on to Idaho, arriving at Jesse and Kelly's about 6:00 pm where we surprised Jesse who had no idea we were coming.


While Darryl spent his days at Dome Technology loading containers for his next project in Cartagena, Colombia, I spent my days with Jesse and the kids, playing the piano, painting and visiting old friends.

I visited Randy and Joliene where I snapped this pic of some cows I want to paint. 
And Clancy was very excited to show us Jumper, his pet frog.

Monday August 14th, a special day for me as it was the first time in maybe 15 years I rode a horse. I used to love riding, but just felt a little timid since my hip surgery in 2010. This was very fun for me!

And of course we painted.

When Darryl wasn't working we took a little trip up to Menan and stopped in to see Riley Mickelsen at his Idaho Horseshoeing School in Roberts. He has quite the successful Youtube channel. (Yes, I love to watch him shoe horses!)

I just love Jesse's raised bed garden and her chicken coop and pen. It's just lovely.

We even had time for an impromptu family home evening with fractured Fairy Tales in a bag. Guys against gals. They are do Aladdin. Dad is the Genie. They had to use everything in the bag. I think the swimsuit top was Jesse's idea and it was hilarious!

We drove up the buttes. I love this view in the summer and fall.


And on August 19th, Hillary, Jake and the boys stopped by for a quick visit on their way to Island Park for Jake's Family Reunion. We surprised Hillary with a Birthday Cake. 

Not only did we celebrate her birthday, but we took time to go to an escape room. Gabriel, Jethro and Ezra are nearly experts at it, so they showed Darryl and I the ropes on how to get out. .



All in all it was a fun and happy day.. and it looks like it was really fun!


August 21, 2024
We left Jesse and Kelly's and drove down to Phoenix to spend a few days with Gideon and Parker (and Cali and Alan too, of course). During the day when everyone was gone we busied ourselves doing little projects around the house like getting the oiled changed in our car, fixing the screen door. I accidently tried to catch the kitchen on fire when I turned on the wrong burner and set a basket aflame and scorched the cobbler. Just normal stuff. But mostly we relaxed in the pool!
Ahhhh.....


We also were able to go to the Phoenix Temple on day. It was lovely.
But all good and relaxing things must come to an end to make room for more good and amazing things.
🚴🚴🚴
Friday August 25, 2023
We drove to Burkburnett, TX to visit Sandy and David. At 6:00 on Saturday Sandy took us to Witchita Falls to watch the start of the HHH or Hotter than Hell Hundred!  
It's one of the premier cycle races in the USA and this is one of the few years Sandy hasn't participated. It was amazing to see literally thousands of Cyclists of all ages and skill lined up ready to ride.


Even Children could ride in the race as they have staggered starts and races from 5K to 10 miles, 25 miles up to  100 miles. Amazing!



The bike routes go through Sandy's home town, so we stopped at Braums for lunch and a photo with the race mascot!

We spent a couple of days in Burleson, TX with Bill and Linda and then drove up to Cody and Alisa's to spend a few days. Rachel was very excited to show me her room.


And she asked me to fix her hair with curlers. She does have lovely hair~


Curly Top!

We left on Friday to go to Indiana where we stayed with Clint and Christina for the Eppert Family Reunion.
Saturday September 2, 2023
Eppert Annual Golf Scramble

I love being partnered with Uncle Bob!

And Laura is a very good golfer too. It was fun to golf with her!


On Sunday the big activity and pot luck was at Clint and Christina's. Sandy was staying with them too and we loved playing with Carly and Cooper John.



Clint and Christina's home is huge and lovely! It's perfect for the Reunion!


We played yard games as teams and had a great time!



Aunt Nancy, Uncle Bob, Uncle Ronald and Aunt Peggy with Paul Schorr and some of the kids.


Taye, Laura's youngest.

They even made a lovely photo backdrop, so we took advantage of it.


These gentlemen married the into our fabulous family. I'm sure they are talking golf with Paul. 


My beautiful Aunt Nancy. When I was 6 yrs. old I was the flower girl at her wedding and she was the most beautiful bride I had ever seen. She has Alzheimer's and she didn't know who I was. Actually, I think except for her husband, I'm not sure she knew anyone, but oh, how we love her! 


The Family Reunion is over and so is our vacation. It's time to get back to work.



No comments: