Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Sweet Adelines International Competition 2023 - Louisville, Kentucky

 October 31, 2023

I can't express how excited I was as I left Cami and Jacob's house for my very first International Competition. As a Newbie and Rookie with Toast of Tampa. In the world of Barbershop Harmony and Sweet Adelines, I am still an infant, so this is so exciting!


I arrived at the downtown Marriot Hotel around 2:30 pm. Checked into my room and went for our afternoon meeting and rehearsal.

In the evening it was time for some Halloween fun!
Pirate Chris

Su as the Mona Lisa was a hit!

Two of our Steam Punk singers! (Love the Silver Vanessa)

Jena!

Dee and Dawn

Jessica and her wonderful husband Chris who helped us so very much!



Wynona and Gloria

And Deb being abducted.

Linda and Claudia

The Witches..

Sherry, Jessica, Me and the Road Kill! (Eileen)


Jamie and Kyle

Just too much fun!

Cynthia and Jennifer

beautiful Julie

and Sophia showing us her muscles!

November 2, 2023
We had a Legacy Breakfast to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Toast of Tampa winning 1st place at Internationals in Indianapolis in 1993.


Tony recognizing TOT members who sang in the championship chorus and other international medal winners.


After the breakfast we finished our make-up, got into our costumes and prepared for the Semi-final round of competition. Back in May of 2022 over 500 choruses completed to come to Louisville for this competition. Only Thirty three qualified to come and compete today.
After today there will only be 10 Choruses in the Championship round.

My roomate Claudia

My Mentor Gloria

With my diving buddy fellow bass singer Su,


I felt wonderful when we finished!!! I think I sang the best I had ever done! 


We each had a secret sister we were asked to bring a gift for. I asked Shiloh to embroider Dee a hoodie like mine. Dee loved it!

Saturday November 4, 2023
International Finals
Yes, I think I am ready for this. After yesterday I am no longer considered a rookie!

Lighting up with my roommates, Claudia and Jennifer.

Deb changed her hair and she looks lovely!

Waiting on our Bus.

And.... we're off!

Celebrating the wonderful job we think we did the Linda and all these wonderfully talented singers!

Watching Ronninge, the Swedish chorus.

Waiting for the results..



With Carol 

We placed 5th which was disappointing to so many, but by that evening everyone was so happy to have placed in the top 5 in the world!

20+ yr. members of Toast of Tampa

15 - 20 yrs. Members of TOT

10 - 15 yr. Members of TOT


My sweet friend Patty Stevens


5 - 10 yr. Members of TOT

with Chris DeRosa

Cynthia Cohen

Jodi DeRosa

Wynona Patterson

My listener Gari Brindle

and this bundle of beautiful energy is Laura Cleverly

The barbershop legend himself.. Tony DeRosa

My riser partner Dana..

And the 31 member Rookie Class of TOT! 

5th Place in the world! Pretty amazing!

So no one in my family was able to be there for this competition, but they all watched it on TV. Not only that, they took pictures of the TV to send to me, they were so excited to see me, Mom, Grandma, Cindy Sue be able to perform with this talented group of ladies! 
Here are some of their photos.



Oh look! There's Grandma Cindy!


The Lowry's were driving, but Miss Avery got to watch Grandma on her computer.








What a once in a lifetime experience for me! And oh... how I love these dear friends!


Until we meet again, I am off to Colombia in a few hours!


No comments: