Sunday, November 18, 2018

North Carolina Fun Times and Car Troubles

Tuesday August 14th found me traveling to Lincolnton, North Carolina. I no sooner pulled into Shiloh's house than she and Emily had to leave for Em's appointment to have her Sr. Pictures taken.
I managed to snap a couple of cute pictures before she left.


I cannot believe that my first grandchild is a Senior in High School already!

Wow... how the time flies..

She's a little skeptical, I can see, but it really does just fly by!

Oh... you are beautiful Miss Ems!

Later in the day I went with Cami and her children to the Museum in Hickory. A fun, hands on place for the whole family. 

I think Miss Isabelle is still not sure if she should like me.

The kids loved the Aquarium's touch pools with the rays and starfish.

And all the hands on, out of this world Exhibits.


This is quite the museum and arts center. I loved this exhibit of how a violin is made.


More mechanical fun!

Wednesday August 15th, 2018 - Since I was going to be leaving on Thursday Cami and Lily decided to get the watercolor painting lesson in that they missed at the Family Reunion. We went to Mike and Dru Guffey's where Cami designed and painted her own city-scape of the Charlotte skyline.

Lily painted an elephant. She did a fantastic job on her pachyderm she called Timbo.


Cami's 'Sunrise in Charlotte'

And Lily's 'Timbo the Elephant'.

I went to leave Mike and Dru's and my car wouldn't start. We ended up taking it into the shop the nest day, and I was stranded in North Carolina for 5 more days. (Yeah... break my heart. 😉 ) 
The next day was Cody's 28th birthday, August 16th. He just happened to be coming through Hickory with the band, so Shiloh, Jason and Cami her 3 oldest, and I met up with him and Alisa and their little ones for an impromptu Birthday dinner and celebration.
 Photo bombed by Cami and her kiddo's.

Givin' his Momma some "Goodbye Sugar". 

I told Miss Rachel I would be seeing her in a week!

A couple of little watercolors I did while I was stranded in North Carolina.


Come back for some more "North Carolina Fun", some Runs and a few lost "treasures".

No comments: