Sunday, November 25, 2018

Peaceful Hoosier Morning

Thursday August 23, 2018
This morning finds me studying scriptures and enjoying the beauty of an Indiana summer morning on Michelle and Kevin's back porch.

Yesterday morning I left North Carolina and arrived here at 6:00 p.m., just in time for supper. Michelle and Kevin were gracious enough to put me up for the night.

I savored this peaceful morning as I knew that later in the day I would be meeting up with Cody and the Redhead Express. This morning seemed like a good time for studying scriptures and meditating on my many, many blessings.

Well... to be perfectly honest, I was supposed to meet up with Cody at 8:00 a.m., but he called and said they were delayed. So I just made the best of a beautiful day.
*****
In my  humble opinion, Michelle and Kevin have the perfect Grandparents house. This is the back of the house with the screened porch where I enjoyed my breakfast.

Lots of room for entertaining family and friends inside, a great yard and a lake right outside their back door. 

Shelly loves her flower gardens along her walk and in her yard. Our Grandmother Eppert always had a lovely yard and flowers.
It was a very peaceful morning, and I was grateful for it because I knew what was going to be happening the next 5 days!
Around 11:00 in the morning I drove into Terre Haute to visit our dear friends Linda and Jimmy Garber. Oh how I love these sweet people! Jimmy is doing so well since his strokes last year!

O also drove by Shelly's work to drop off an elephant painting for Erin since she works with elephants in the zoo in Indianapolis. (Shelly is Michelle- Y'all knew that .... right?)
After lunch I drove up to Covington, Indiana to meet up with the bus and we were off on another Redhead Express adventure. 

No comments: