Sunday, November 18, 2018

Running and Lost Treasures


Saturday August 18, 2018
Shiloh and Jason picked me up at Cami's at 6:30 and off we went to a big Cross Country open meet down in Charlotte. Emily, Jonas and Adrianna were all running for Lincoln Charter High School.

Jonas did very well finishing in the top ten I believe.

Emily had a good race day.

Shiloh, Jason and I had time to visit between the races.

Way to go Emily!! She did very well and was close to her PR.

Adrianna playing with her 'baby brother' Benny. He wanted to run too!

Here comes Odi Podi!

I think she set a PR on this course. Great job Odi!

It got very, very quiet on the way home.



It seems that Adam is the only one with any energy left in the van. I do think that Lydia was awake in the back seat, but she was reading quietly and blended in very well with the slumbering hoard.

Sunday after church we went for a walk in the woods behind Cami and Jacob's house to take a look at the storm damage from a few days before.

I think we counted 10 big trees down and Ransom ended up with one fierce case of poison ivy.

On Monday the 20th I went to Shiloh's and we sorted through the several tubs and boxes of keepsakes I brought to her from our storage. Inside I did find a couple things that were very special.
First, one of Cody's baby announcements.

Name: Darryl Cody Cunningham
Date: August 16, 1990
Weight: 7lbs 9oz.
Born to: Darryl and Cindy Cunningham and Daughters.

We also wrote a poem I included in each announcement:
Our Baby Boy
His sisters love to hold him dear
and whisper sweet things in his ear.
His Daddy takes his little hand
and marvels at his "little man".
His Mother looks into those eyes
and to her son sings lullabies.
Our family is overcome with joy
because we have a Baby Boy!
by Cindy and Shiloh



 And we found this gem... A napkin from our wedding 42 years ago.

Wow, look at that Confederate Soldier and the singer from a local saloon. 
or
It might be Darryl and I from the mid 1980s. Probably taken at the Ft. Worth Fat Stock show or someplace like that.

Oh ... and I found this photo from a dance Cali went to with Chad Clayson at Utah State. Probably 1998 or 1999.


Hey! Cali won an award in High School for an essay she wrote. First Place and $100!
You go girl!

We found this card from my Grandmother Eppert.

It was for Baby Hillary. How sweet was this?

The oldest item in the bunch was a picture taken Jr. year in High School. 

And finally a drawing Shiloh made for us to thank us for... well, I'm not sure what she was thanking us for, but I am grateful the the sentiment and the drawing.

Back at Cami's, this little munchkin keeps us smiling.

Izzy insisted on wearing her swimming goggles that day.

After staying in North Carolina a week longer than planned, and with my car 'sort of' working, I took off on Wednesday August 22, to meet up with Cody and the band in Indiana. Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments: