Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cody's Call



Elder Darryl Cody Cunningham

has been called to serve in the Riverside, California Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

He enters the MTC (Missionary Training Center) on Hillary's Birthday, August 19th.

Cali picked up the call at our home in Idaho yesterday afternoon and overnighted it here. We received it around 11:30 this morning.

Skye, Ryan, Shiloh and the kids were here to watch Uncle Cody open his call. I took a video of it but it won't load on this blog site.

Darryl and ryan peruse Cody's Mission call and booklet.

Amber and Becky made him this huge card ....

"To our soon to be 'EXTRA' special Elder. . Your CHEEZ(Y) jokes and friendship makes us smile. Treat every day like a MARATHON with MOUNDS of EXTREME experiences. Bringing almondJOY. Remeber God our 'LIFESAVERS', 'NOW AND LATER' thru good times and bad when you're in a CRUNCH!

P.S. don't be an AIRHEAD

Afterwards Darryl took us out for ice cream to celebrate this wonderful news!

And girls... don't read anything into the ice cream thing!


There is so much I want to say about this wonderful mission call, but I will save it for a later post. Just know we feel so blessed!

7 comments:

Corey said...

Awesome! Please pass along our congratulations! The people in Riverside have need of the best missionary out there..

Cathy Shields said...

That's wonderful. My hubby is from that area. And I think I remember Jason Craig going somewhere in CA. How great that is!!!! It is a beautiful area. And not all that far from home. I can't wait to hear all about the wonderful things he will be doing!!!! Make sure and keep us posted.

Jessica said...

Good for you Cody! I'm sure you'll have many wonderful experiences.
And Cindy, all of your pics from your other posts are so fun! Lily's birthday party was adorable, the temple looks beautiful, and I'm quite curious about the "edited" photo!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Jess,
I will email it to you and you will see what I mean!

Ann said...

Cindy, Tell Cody congratulations for me. That is so exciting!

We are getting ready to send out Adam's wedding annoucements. Can you e-mail me yours and Skye's addresses or would you rather me send them to your idaho address.
e-mail them to me at clarkfarms@hostidaho.com Thanks

Unknown said...

That is awesome... God Speed Cody! I still have a picture of you at about 4 years old standing next to your dad in Cowboy boots! Those days are long gone... :)

Elaina said...

Very Cool! CONGRATULATIONS CODY! Please send our congratulations on to him. AWESOME! He will do great!