Sunday, November 15, 2020

Fall Fun in Mississippi

What was the big surprise for Darryl you ask? Grandchildren!

Adam and Maggie were able to come to our home for a week! They still had to do their online school work, but I was just so grateful they could come!


School work in the morning, games in the evening and fun in the afternoon. That's how we roll.

Beach time at Ocean Springs!



For Maggie's (Mary Alice) school assignment about hurricanes we had to take some pictures of the homes and beaches in our area and what steps they take to prepare for the storms.


of course we had to take them out to dinner too. Yummy Mexican food was the order of the day!

Of course, since they were at Grandma Cindy's they had to do a painting.


And they also had to clean. Not only school lessons with this grandma. They also had lessons in proper housekeeping.

On Saturday Grandpa and I took them to see the alligators at the alligator ranch.





Hello Mr. Gator. This is one of the alligators that is in the wild at the edge of the ranch.


Finally, we took time to go to the Gulf Coast Cruise-In where we looked at a lot of beautiful cars!

In case you don't get the joke in the photo below, the car is called a Road Runner and they have a stuffed Wile E. Coyote getting run over by the car.









Update on the fitness challenge. I am now 10 pounds down. Yay!

Oh look.... more cleaning up to do. Really, these two were so sweet and always willing to help Grandma no matter what chore I was doing.

Jason came down for his work and took Adam and Maggie home after a week. I sure did love having them here!
****

Rhyan and Addy come by almost every day to visit "Grandma Cindy" and "Papa Darryl" and they asked if I could help them paint elephants for their Mama.

So I got permission from their mom and we set aside a Saturday for them to come over and try out their watercolor skills.


They did a very good job, although I did have to help Rhyan with hers a little more, but then she is 2 yrs .younger than Addy.

Our Apartment community had a patio/balcony Halloween decorating contest. I was excited to make something festive but not gory. 
This was my finished product.

Finally, this snoopy comic caught my eye and I love it. So true! 
Enjoy!

The following weekend was even more fun! 


No comments: