Friday, July 16, 2021

Easter Fun and My Lowry Girls

 It was our first Ward Activity in more than a year. The Annual Primary Easter Egg Hunt and Activity Day!


And on the night before Easter Darryl and I colored our Easter Eggs!


Happy Easter to us!
I woke up to no colored eggs and had to go on my first Easter Egg hunt as a 'hunter' in many, many years. Yes, I found all 15 eggs that were hidden.



The Friday after Easter I drove to Doug and Donna Lowry's home in North Augusta, South Carolina to pick up Skye's girls and keep them for a week or two while Skye packed up their home in Virginia and get ready to move in the summer to Utah.

We had quite a fun time swimming all afternoon!

The girls were sure excited to see Grandpa Darryl, especially Miss Avery.


So we let the fun begin!
Annabelle imprisoned in her 'force field'.

Ahh.... she's free!

The Green Heron came back this spring to catch some more fish!

Grandpa's 'Fish' machine was quite a hit with Avery.


Monday I took the girls to the beach for some sun and sand.








Miss Reagan showing off her new "Dora the Explorer" outfit.


Of course grandma took the girls to the Mississippi Aquarium. Once again, they couldn't get enough of the aquatic creatures! Especially the Dolphins.

Three girls in a bubble underwater!




Is it time for a nap Miss Avery?

Fun in front of the viewing wall!



This shark is named Stella, and she was born with a birth defect, much like scoliosis. Veterinary Surgeons did surgery on her and for a while she was getting better, but the aide told me that recently she has started struggling again. 

Stella quickly became Reagan's favorite and she wanted to be her best friend. She prayed for Stella when she went to bed that night.

Shortly before the girls left to go back to Virginia we had a painting day. Oh how I loved their creativity!




All too soon it was time to take the girls back to Donna's so Skye could pick them up and take them back home. What a joy it was to have them here and I can't wait until I get to see them again!

This was how the sky looked on my evening walk and I can't wait to paint it!

No comments: