Monday, September 3, 2012

Summer Fun Part 4 - A visit from the Grankids!!!

 On August 3, Shiloh and Skye came for a visit with 8 of our 14 grandchildren. I was sooo excited I had a fabulous week planned starting with Alligators!
~~~~~~~~~
Early Saturday morning we loaded up in Shiloh's van and headed for the bayou.


We took the family on a swamp tour. Be sure to enlarge the photo to read the sign.


Everyone was ready to see alligators in the wild. We went on the Cajun Pride Swamp Tour. This is a privately owned bayou and swamp so there is no alligator hunting here. 


It didn't take long to spot our first little gator.


Lydia looking for a gator.

Maggie was pretty much a grandpa's girl the whole visit, and grandpa loved it!


 A 2 yr. old going for his marshmallow treat.


Gators love chicken!


Captain Tom teaching us about the wildlife.

Lovin' on my Reagan.


Captain Tom was a great tour guide.

"I saw da awwigataoh"

We were able to hold a baby gator. The kids thought this was the best part. 













Captain Tom with Regean, Skye and Shiloh.

On Sunday we Celebrated Adrianna and Grandpa's Birthdays. 



On Monday We took the day off from work for a little excursion. While they were waiting for us to get packed up Uncle Cody gave the kids rides on my Honda Ruckus.








 We packed up and went to Blue Bayou water park and Dixie Landing amusement park for the day. My camera batteries died so I have no photos, but trust me.... we had a fabulous time!