Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Utah and Idaho Travels and Happenings

On Satruday August 12th we drove from Denver to Utah and spent the night with Hillary, Jake and the boys. 

When we got to Cheyenne they had Interstate 80 closed between Cheyenne and Laramie so we had to take Highway 210 through the Medicine Bow National Forest. What a breathtaking and beautiful drive this was. After driving this interstate for the last 20 years I can't believe I had never taken this route and enjoyed these beautiful vistas! I was really grateful we had this detour.



Next time I want to take time to stop and stay for a while!
🌿🌿🌿
Darryl met Jman's PTSD and Therapy Service dog for the first time and was stunned at how big she is. He had fun playing with her though.



There was a bonus for us in our visit as our granddaughter Emily Guffey was visiting Utah with her Aunt Heather, Grandma Dru and Cousin Caitlin and she had come by to spend the night. After the little boys had gone to bed I took a little time to hold my first grandchild. 

We went to church with the family Sunday morning before leaving for Idaho in the evening.
Grandma was sure happy to see her little boys! They love to take selfies with me.
Well, maybe not Zman, but the J-Man and G-Man love it! 




Hillary has been having fun playing with hair colors. First she bleached out her hair and used a beautiful blue temporary color and then she went red. Well, maybe a magenta/red mix. It looks cute on her!

J-man didn't want me to go, but he gave me some sweet goodbye kisses anyway.

We stayed at Jesse and Kelly's in Blackfoot when we arrived in Idaho. Tyree and Clancy and I played all week. We would ride bikes and take wagon rides.

While we were back in Idaho, Darryl and I took the opportunity to clean out and organize a couple of our storage units. As we travel around the world for work people will ask us where our home is and we always tell them in 4 storage units in Idaho. πŸ˜‰



This summer I've had an ailment I've never experienced before, and I'm not sure what brings it on, but it started in July. I have bursitis in my left ankle, and when it flares up I can't stand or walk on it! 


It flared up last week and left me nearly useless for 24 hours. When a flare up happens I ice it, take some pain relievers and keep it elevated as much as possible and after 24 - 48 hours I can walk on it again... with little limp. It's usually 2 or three day until the pain is completely gone. Back in  February of 2011 I broke my left fibula just above the ankle and it didn't hurt nearly as bad as the bursitis does.

Well, this time after the flare up and me taking it easy, next day the pain in my ankle was gone but there was an unexplained bruise and swelling on the top of my foot and it was a little tender. Go figure.  
We are going to be here in Idaho for the next week or so as Darryl has meetings at Dome Technology and we get our next work assignment. Until then I will play with my grandchildren, visit friends, do some mending and sewing and try to make myself useful!

No comments: