Thursday, September 28, 2017

I'll Miss you Mommio.....

For 41 years I called her Mom. Well, actually I called her Mommio more than Mom. It was just a pet name that Darryl had for his mom that I picked up. When she would answer the phone or I would walk in the kitchen and see her I would say "Hello Mommio!" She always called me Cindy Sue, and I was truly one of her kids.

Peggy, Mom, Mommio or Grandma Peggy, she was all of these and so very much more. Always going, always doing, always serving and always trying new things.

Even as she knew her time was growing very short on this earth, she lived as best she could and always had a smile.

Her Children, grandchildren and Great Grandchildren were the joy of her life. Well, that and her sweet treats, especially chocolate.

When I took these last two photos I had a feeling in my heart that it would be the last time I would ever see my wonderful mother-in-law in this life.

I cannot express to you all she did for me, all she taught me or how much love I felt from her. Just like my own mother, she has left a great hole in my heart and I will miss her so.

Peggy Suz Yoder Cunningham
December 4, 1925 - August 31, 2017

I will miss you!
But I know someone who is rejoicing with you now and for eternity.
Love you.

1 comment:

Van-Go said...

A beautiful remembrance. I’m sorry to never have met her, but thru your words and stories she will continue to be remembered. Thank you sharing that I might have just a tiny memory of this beautiful woman. Her lesson to me by way of your sharing: live everyday with a smile. Hugs to you and Darryl.