Monday, September 4, 2017

Summer Days in Idaho

Since the Eclipse Darryl and I have been staying with Cali and Jesse and while he works at Dome I have been having a great time with our grandchildren!


I took Clancy to the park to watch Gideon at soccer practice, but instead of watching we played on the playground.

One morning Gideon and I walked 2.36 miles around the school and neighborhood. We're trying to get in shape.

Hillary washed my hair with red shampoo and it turned several different shades of red and pink!
I also got new glasses.

While Cali was running the Colorado Ragnar Relay we took Parker to her very first soccer game. 

She doesn't understand the game at all yet, but if you tell her to run and get the ball or block the ball she will do it. She might kick it out of bounds, but she will try to keep the other team from getting it!

An she's not afraid to get in the middle of the action! Her team "The Blue Diamonds" has some pretty good and experienced players. They won 4 to 0.

 I also completed a couple of sewing projects while I was at Cali's. I finished my "Madame Medusa" costume for our Disney Cruise...

And I took a bunch of Cali's old running shirts and made a very simple (and crooked)  blanket she can take to her Relay races on the weekends!

I didn't have any of my quilting supplies, no cutting mat or rotary cutter or measuring guide. I did this the old fashioned way, eyeing it and then cutting with scissors. It was fun to put together and she likes it, so it's a win, win!
Things are changing. We have a new assignment for work that I'll tell you about in my next post!

No comments: