Thursday, May 10, 2018

A Little April Fun in Oregon

Just a little peek into what we were doing in April.

 The last couple of years I have come to enjoy starting my mornings with yoga. It keeps me in shape without beating me up. 

As we drive around Forest Grove, Hillsboro, McMinnville, we see these huge trees! They are massive and beautiful, and I wish the photo did them justice to just how majestic they are.


Everything here is green! Green and lush and gorgeous. But we are still in the cloudy, rainy part of the year. I do hope it will end soon. I am ready for some sunshine!

I went to a quilt expo here in Portland. It makes me miss my quilting machine! I have so many good ideas for new quilts!

Applique quilts seem to be making a big comeback! It was like going back to the 70's. 


Probably to our detriment, we go to the local auction regularly and to antique stores and malls and garage sales where we always seem to find bargains that need to come home with us.

These will probably be a mother's day project someday.

On Tuesday evenings Darryl goes to visit Glen Hitchens and they work on clocks together.
I hang out at this place.

 The Loaded Brush Art Studio. 
I am taking watercolor classes from 
Master Watercolor Artist - Peter X. O'Brian.


The whole point of this crab was not so much to make a pschyadelic critter, but to experiment in blending different paint colors and hues. To see how different paints work together.


It was time consuming but so much fun.

Another watercolor done at class.


I have discovered that I really like painting with watercolors.

No comments: