Monday, August 19, 2024

Ezra's Baptism and Some Costa Rican Fun

I flew to Costa Rica on Thursday July 25th and surprised my sweet grandsons, Gabriel, Jethro and Ezra! 


To celebrate Ezra's birthday on the next day, we went to dinner at their favorite Mexican restaurant!

The owner, in a luchador mask, serenaded Ezra with a happy birthday song.

Happy Birthday Ezra!
Friday, July 26th
For a birthday present I bought Ezra a "Fish Pedicure". It tickled and was quite fun!

It was a fun and relaxing way to start this special day!

That afternoon the boys had a video game Birthday Party with their friends.

Oh Yum!!!

Saturday July 27th
What a special day! Today is Ezra's baptism day!
The baptism was held a their friend's beautiful home.


We had a lovely service on a lovely day.

Ezra asked me to speak on the ordinance of baptism and Hillary spoke on the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

What a lovely place for a baptism.


After the baptism they had a second party to celebrate Ezra's birthday.

So many nice gifts for the birthday boy.



Darryl and I have been looking for a place to build a new home, so Jake and Hillary took me to see a couple of properties to check out.
 


Monday was such a good day and we ended it by going to the beach for some sun and fun!

These boys are so fun, and almost like water bugs!



Oh how I love my Gabriel!



A whole ocean to play in and their favorite place is dirt cliff.



It takes about 4 hours to drive to the airport in San Jose'. On Friday Darryl suggested that I try to find a flight from the Liberia airport (a 30 minute drive) to San Jose' to save the gas and 8 hours on the road.

I took a flight on a SANSA Cessna Grand Caravan plane that had 2 pilots and 10 passengers. 

It was about 50 minutes long and a lovely flight. 

It was a short but wonderful little vacation on such a happy occasion.

On a more general note, here is a meme that made me smile to think that my grandchildren have a Grandpa that would be a lot like the one referred to in this meme.
No on to August fun! 

No comments: