Friday, April 18, 2008

Home life in Morocco

This is the house that Haj built. But it was his second home as he has another in a town 50 miles away. He has leased this to Dome for 6 months. It is three apartments on three levels. We live on the top floor. It is the smallest and the hottest, which suits Darryl just fine. The Basement level is 10 degrees cooler.
On Tuesday Darryl's new computer arrived. We let Cody figure it out and then he taught us how to use all the new fangled stuff. He is sitting in the "salon" as they call it here. We just call it the living room. The front balcony is off of this room.

The maid service is no more. I am now the maid, and the cook and the washer woman.

This is my little kitchen, the fridge is on the right, stove on the left and small back balcony out of the kitchen door.

This is the Toilet. .............. enough said.


JUST KIDDING!!!

Actually, that is the toilet just off the stairs to the Garden. Most people here employ guards to stay at there homes when they are away. The guards sleep in small rooms inside the gate but outside the main house. This would be the Guards facilities.



TA DA!!!!
Yes, there is a real potty to the left, but it does have a traditional spicket/hose thing in case you don't like using the toilet paper. Hmmm. Go figure. Anyway, this is part one of our little house tour.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun adventure! Have you used the water alternative to t.p. yet?!

Cali and Travis said...

I wish I could be there! It looks like fun.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Not in my house but yes, I had to at a gas station.

Leisha Mareth said...

I always wonder about foreign restrooms! I have to go about 300 times a day (tiny bladder) so I'm always curious!

I'm so glad we have blogs so I can live vicariously through your exotic adventure while I wipe baby bottoms all day!

Kelly and Jesse said...

It kind of is like Mexico. At least you have a real stove. Speaking of stoves, my stove, fridge, dishwasher, and microwave showed up today Yeah!!! Love you!

Cathy Shields said...

Ok I have to ask after the water did you have anything to dry with?

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

My jeans.

Hillary and Jake said...

Wow that looks like fun. So has anyone used the hole in the ground yet? It doesn't look like fun, I think I'd would be scared I'd fall in. Do those things flush or are they like out houses?

Amber Dawn said...

Life in Morocco sounds tough! No maids?! Interesting bathrooms? Are you just dying to come home?