Friday, February 5, 2010

Key Biscayne

On Wednesday Cami and Jacob took the family to the state park and Lighthouse on Key Biscayne. The first thing Lily had to do was try out the playground and she discovered 'climbing'! We wanted to tour the lighthouse, but when we got there the gate was locked and the sign said "No tours on Tuesdays and Wednesday". This made us sad.
Lily didn't mind. She found something new to climb.

This Light house was renovated in 1996 and these are the old parts that were replaced.
We read a brochure that said Key Biscane had one of the top 10 beaches in the USA. I decided to take a look.
hmmmm.................
...nope, I'm not seeing it. Must have been a different beach than this one. Maybe on the other side of the key.
It was quiet though. And I did like the natural look of it.
We did take some pictures of the lighthouse.
Getting ready for a picture.
Grandma holding my little "Lighthouse Lily".
OH.... and the wind was really blowing. Can you tell?
Jacob promised they would bring me back on my next trip to Florida.

No comments: