Friday, August 5, 2011

Birthdays, 5k's, and Baptism

Oh What a lucky woman I am! I really am married to the best man in the world!

Yesterday was his Birthday!
I love you Darryl!


Thanks for keeping yourself young and fit you Hunka-hunka- burnin' love!

Darryl and I were married 35 years ago on July 14th. Imagine my surprise when I opened up a package from my cousin and found the dress she wore at my wedding as a Jr. Bridesmaid. It is in great condition and fits my granddaughter Emily perfectly. That was so thoughtful of you Amy!
Thank you!

Last weekend I drove to South Carolina to spend the weekend with Shiloh and Jason's family because something special was happening.

**********

ODI PODI turned 8 years old on Saturday!

This was the birthday breakfast she requested!


I have a new motto for Shiloh and Jason's crew.

THE FAMILY THAT RUNS TOGETHER GOES PLACES!

Yes, the whole family got up at 5:00 a.m. on Adrianna's Birthday so they could run in the 1st Ella Wood Memorial 5K. Shiloh was the race director and I was able to help her while Jason and the 4 oldest kids ran the race.


Preston actually led the pack for the first mile. He would slow down a little and when the pack started to catch up with him he would giggle and throw his head back and run away from them. It was about the mile mark when he started to slow down a little.


I think Jason finished 4th or 5th overall. Our 9 yr. old Jonas ran the entire 5k in 28:40+. We are so proud of them.

Also running the 5k was the newest member of the Guffey household, Cole. He is a wonderful young man who has come to live with them for the school year. The Whole family just loves him!


Saturday night we celebrated Adrianna's Birthday for real!

She loved the gift and the package it came in that she received from Aunt Skye and Uncle Ryan.

Sunday was a very special day for my Birthday Girl.


It was her Baptism Day!
We are so proud of you Odi Podi Puddin' and Pie!







3 comments:

Jacob and Cami said...

How fun! I want to know what was in the package?

Unknown said...

A journal. Looks like fun! Emily looks so beautiful in that dress! If ever those dresses could look stylish, Emily Mae does it :-)

Cali and Travis said...

Wow Odi looks so grown up!