Saturday, November 4, 2017

CALI TURNS 40! - Birthday Weekend

- PART ONE -

Yes, I know we don't look old enough, but our oldest child turned 40 in September!
Cali Anne was born on September 20, 1977 in Texas.
In the late summer of 2016 Cali suggested that all she wanted for her 40th birthday was to spend it with her sisters - and a Disney Cruise would be fun! 
Skye decided to make it happen and started organizing and everything was ready for us to set sail on September 8, 2017 - Well, everything but the weather.

On the evening of September 5th, after Grandma Peggy's funeral, and 2 days before leaving for Florida, Disney Cruise Line canceled the cruise due to Hurricane Irma closing in on the Bahamas and Florida Coast.
We were all disappointed, but I think it was fair to say that Cali was pretty close to devastated. 
Disney offered us discounts if we re-booked within a certain period, so I put our Disney Guru Cyndy Vogt to work and we were soon scheduled to sail on the Disney Dream on October 27th! 
🚢🚢🚢🚢
Wednesday October 25, 2017 
For months we had been planning "Swag Bags", Pirate Costumes and Villian Costumes for our 3 day adventure. We had decided that we would each pick a villian for the Halloween Party on Saturday night. Now it was time to leave for our wonderful "Sisters Cruise" on DCL's Disney Dream Halloween on the High Seas! I caught a red-eye flight out of Portland Wednesday night. I only had one slight problem, my ankle problem (Bursitis/Gout) decided to flair up as I was waiting to board.
✈️✈️✈️✈️
Thursday October 26, 2017
By the time we landed in Charlotte, NC Thursday morning it was so swollen I could barely put any weight on my ankle and had almost no movement in the joint. The crew ordered a wheelchair to get me up the Jetway. I was grateful for the wheelchair as I was able to make it to Orlando and onto the Disney's Magical Express with very little trouble.

Soon I arrived at the "Happiest Place on Earth".  When I got to the hotel I guess I looked like I was in a lot of pain. Even though it was only 10:30 in the morning, and Check - in time isn't until 3:00 p.m., the desk clerk found a room that was ready and sent me there right away. A few minutes later they brought a wheelchair for me to use and I was able to really enjoy 
The Disney All-Star Music Resort!




A little sun by the pool, a quick bite to eat followed by a short nap and soon Sandy was there to join me! Because Jesse was unable to come on the cruise, Sandy consented to be the other sister on the cruise with us! 
It works - She's MY sister!

Thirty minutes later the Birthday girl arrived with her baby sister Hillary, both looking relaxed and fabulous!

Rockin' it girls!

Cali chillin' by the big Maracas!


Cali looks especially happy when talking to a certain someone!

The 4 of us caught the shuttle and went to Disney Springs for Dinner at Bongo's Cuban Cafe!

Soon Shiloh and Cami arrived


and after a little goofing around and shopping, we were ready to get the vacation started! 

No comments: