Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The Pre- Christmas Dinner Parties x 2

Darryl and I have been "Empty Nesters" since Cody left on his mission in August of 2009, so it was no surprise that we were invited to the Rock Creek Ward Empty Nester Christmas Dinner and Party.

We were asked to bring our favorite Christmas dish. I have so many I like that I don't really have a favorite, so I decided to bake my very favorite Christmas Cake. 
It's a "Buche de Noel" or Yule Log Cake. 

When I was a young girl I had one of these and last year Cami made me one for my birthday cake. I love it so much I decided to try to do it myself.


I love the way it turned out, but I actually cheated a little. Instead of making marzipan mushrooms, I used real mushrooms and just told the party goers not to eat them. We had a lot of fun visiting at the party, even meeting people who, in 1963, built one of the homes on Grace Ave. where Cali lives! Small world!

On Thursday Dec. 21st our Dome crew had a little Christmas Dinner and the Old Spaghetti Factory. With wives and children there were 19 of us all together and we had a wonderful time!

It was a great restaurant and everyone loved their food! Christina and her daugher along with Shantay and Robyn having a fun time!

Five of our great Crew- From the back, Zack, Tom, Eric, Jesus and Mike with Mike's son.


Christina, Me, Shantay and Robyn in the front taking our "Selfie"!

Zack and his wife Taunya! It was Taunya's birthday and so we had to sing Happy Birthday to her!

The host with the most - Darryl

Our last crew member, Nick and his little boy!

Such a fun evening and a head start on our Christmas Festivities!
Thank you Dome!

No comments: