Sunday, July 14, 2019

Heading to Idaho

Saturday June 1, 2019
We left Savannah, GA to return to Idaho by way of the southern route.

After driving through rainstorms in the Florida panhandle we made it to the hotel in Port Allen, LA Saturday evening and enjoyed a lovely Sunday morning with our church family in Plaquemine. 

We left after church and drove over to DeRidder, LA where we had a delightful visit and spent the night with Jordan and Janet Evans and their sweet family. 
Monday it was on to Texas!
We drove about 10 hours and spent the night in Ft. Stockton.
Tuesday June 4, 2015
We drove to Mesa, AZ where we spent 2 nights with Cali. It was such an enjoyable visit which included going to the beautiful Gilbert, AZ Temple.

And a delectable dinner with Cali and Alan.

We left Thursday morning and drove through the beautiful Arizona Desert. Because of the heavy trailer Darryl was pulling with his truck we decided not to take the high mountain road through Flagstaff, but went the "low" road through Las Vegas. 

The only time I have driven this road was a night, so I didn't realize the amazing desert vistas I was missing. I thoroughly enjoyed the drive.



The temperature did keep climbing higher and higher as they day went on. 

Between Las Vegas and St. George the heat got pretty intense, but it didn't last very long.

By the time we got to central Utah this temperature actually felt cool.

In Utah we spent a couple of nights with Hillary and Jake and the boys.

Friday morning seemed a little bit cold to me. Okay, I'll be honest.. it felt very cold!

By Saturday we made it to Jesse and Kelly's, the place we call home in Idaho. It was so nice to stop driving and rest for a while.
 I love this view through Jesse's picture window in her kitchen!
You know what they say, "No rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need it". Well, we are grateful for Sunday and the day of rest, because on Monday June 10th we had to transfer one of our storage rooms. 
It took all day but it was worth it as I talked Darryl into taking us to Garcia's II and I ordered my favorite, a seafood/shrimp cocktail. 


Tyree and Clancy enjoyed showing grandpa how they play on their trampoline.

On Thursday we watched Tyree play her soccer game. She scored the first goal!


Gideon and Parker came to watch with us!

Clancy cheers her sister on with Dad!

Gideon enjoying the game.

I took Gideon and Parker to Utah to meet up with her mom while she was there running the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. While I was at Hillary's I tried my hand at abstract art. It's harder than it looks.


We also enjoyed having smores with Jake and the boys.

Oh... and I enjoyed my very first Brigham Brew Root Beer!

Saturday morning Gideon, Parker and I drove up to Heber City, Utah and met up with Cali, Alan and their Ragnar Team.


Time sure flies when you're having fun. Cali and Alan spent the night at Hillary and Jake's with us and Sunday Morning I took them to the airport. After Church I packed Gideon & Parker in the car, kissed Hillary and the boys goodbye and headed back to Idaho, because tomorrow Darryl and I leave for our next job!



No comments: