Thursday, July 11, 2019

Four Days in Savannah

Monday - Memorial Day
May 27, 2019
Since Monday was a holiday Darryl and I spent the weekend and most of Monday in North Carolina, after all, he and Jacob had a very special project to build.

It's the Tree House Masters.... sort of.

Jacob had been promising to build his kids a tree house for a couple of years. This was the perfect weekend to bring that promise to fruition.



And oh how the kids love it. 

Later that week Jacob put railings around the porch deck and a light inside, and now the kids don't want leave it. Darryl and I left Monday afternoon to go to Savannah to load 3 Semi's for dome.
🌴🌴🌴

On Tuesday Darryl finished work early and we spent the afternoon touring Savannah. The last time I was in Savannah was in August of 2009 and because of my bad hip I was in a scooter chair, which really limited my touring. This time I was able to walk all over town. For Lunch we went to 
"The Lady and Sons", Paula Deen's restaurant. I must say this was the best dish of Shrimp and Grits I have ever eaten. It was delectable!


We enjoyed the day and this beautiful city.




The Georgia Queen River Boat.

The Washington Guns. These cannon were captured when Lord Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown and were presented to the Chatham Artillery by President George Washington.

The Savannah Cotton Exchange.



Wednesday and Thursday were long, hot days spent loading the semi's.

We finished our work about noon on Friday so Darryl and I went to Tybee Island to enjoy the sun, sand a surf. The water was warm and the sun even warmer. Ahhhh.... 



 After a couple of hours the sky clouded up and the wind started to blow, so we packed up and drove over to the Tybee Island Light Station. I just happened to snap a couple of great shots of the lighthouse. 


Our work done, the following day we packed up and headed west, finally on our way back to Idaho. 

No comments: