Friday, May 27, 2022

The Mesa Pageant and More Desert Fun!

 Darryl and I had not been married long when I heard someone at church talk about the Mesa Easter Pageant. I always thought it would be something wonderful to see, and after 40+ years of waiting I finally had my chance!

Thursday April 7, 2022


They had seating for over 9500 people on the grounds!


The kids and I got to talk to some of the actors too.


I have no photos of the performance, 1. Because they ask you not to take photos, 2. I was so enthralled with the pageant that I just didn't think about taking photos. It was spectacular, amazing, uplifting and thrilling and full of the joy and hope the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings!


Friday April 8, 2022
Another pretty hair day for miss Parker. 



After dropping Parker off at her school, Darryl and I decided to climb Brown Mountain. It's has a lot of loose gravel, ruts and some rough terrain for the 1000 + ft. climb to the summit. 


I am sure this was once just another mountain in the wilds of the desert, but now it's in the middle of the suburbs and is quite the popular hiking spot.

Looking west to the Superstition mountains...

..and looking towards the north.


Looking west toward's the large metropolitan area of Greater Phoenix,..


And finally, looking South.



As Darryl stood atop the mountain and looked over the desert where he grew up he almost couldn't believe the mass of houses and buildings.

Darryl was born in Phoenix in 1954 and lived for many years in Scottsdale. 


His grandparents owned one of the first houses ever built on Squaw Peak and there was nothing but Orange groves and open farm land between the towns of Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, etc. To go to Apache Junction was a very long trip.



It was a beautiful morning and a very pleasant hike to start our day!




Looking over the landscape and seeing back in time. 



It was Friday night, which is date night for us, so we took the kids our for M.O.D. Pizza! They heartily approved!

Everyone sing with me... ♪♫♪ "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday!♫♪

We clean the bathrooms, scour the tubs, mop the floor and Grandma uses the grandkids for her labor pool! ;-)



Yes, I am that men old grandma who made Gideon and Parker clean and scrub the bathrooms, and made them do it right. I think they did an excellent job!


Monday April 11, 2022
Cali and Alan arrived home from their cruise Sunday evening. We had to pack up and left for Texas about 8:30 Monday morning. At least I got to get some good Cali hugs before we left!

The landscape and scenery were gorgeous, rugged and wonderful!






We are definitely looking forward to our next visit!



Goodbye Arizona Family! We'll see you soon!

No comments: