Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cami's Inspiration!

Cami's post about her New Year's Resolution of reading more has inspired me! I really liked the idea of adding a Bookshelf to my blog. It is just one more incentive to help me become a better person and to improve in all areas and aspects of my life. I love to read but I have not been as consistent at it as I need to be. So here is my first announced (I have several I haven't written down ) and written New Year's Resolution. I will read at least one book a month along with my personal scripture study and Sunday School reading.

The books on my shelf right now are the last ones I have read toward the end of 2008, Breaking Dawn (for fun) and Positive Personality Profiles (a great help to me and I highly recommend it), and ones that I am now reading. Launching a Leadership Revolution is a book that will not only help me improve myself and leadership qualities I would like to gain or improve, but will help me be a help to others. The other books on my shelf, The Book of Mormon, The Holy Bible (King James Version), I read to keep me closer to my Savior so that I may become more like him. The Doctrine and Covenants and Our Heritage are the course of study in Sunday School this year. Let me know what you are reading!

No comments: