Monday, October 19, 2009

The Work, The Fun, The Good and The Odd

We went to work one day this week to find that our trailer had been knocked off of it's jack stands by a forklift driver for Cortez Transfert. Darryl and the guys put it back in it's proper place. I also played with McKenzie and Fox. They love to dance,
And they are BIG camera hams! Fox gives me lots of hugs and kisses. "Kenzie" will be 5 next month.
On Saturday the 4 missionaries from our ward came over for a late lunch.
We had a lot of fun! I fed them spaghetti. Three of them had never eaten spaghetti with meat sauce. Back row from left: Elder Lopez, Elder Sanchez, Elder Estrada and Darryl
Front row: Elder Del Val and me.
Saturday, in the late afternoon Darryl and I took a drive to Canyon del Nacapule. We weren't able to get there because of washed out roads from the hurricane, but we did drive around and see some big houses. There are 4 houses in this picture.
A mountain bordering the Canyon del Nacapule.
And now.... something to file in the "Well, now I've seen everything" file. Yesterday evening while I was emailing Cody, Darryl stepped outside to look at the sunset. He came in and said... "Cindy, you are not going to believe this, but there is a girl outside on the beach in a bikini playing the bagpipes". To be honese, I thought this was a ruse to get me outside to watch the sunset, so I went....

....and sure enough, there was a young girl in a bikini standing at the waters edge playing the bagpipes, and playing them very well. We listened for a while and then I thought... no one will believe this, so I went to get my camera. By the time I got back she had moved to her tent and was putting her pipes away, but at least you can see we didn't make this up.
Adios Amigos!

1 comment:

Jacob and Cami said...

I always say nothing says "beautiful beach, a tropical paradise" like a good set of bagpipes!