Monday, January 24, 2011

My Goal this Year

Like most people do at the beginning of January I have set some goals for myself. Actually, I have set many small goals and a few big ones. My husband taught me years ago that a goal that is not written down is just a dream or a whim. I am writing these bigger goals down so I will be held accountable, first to myself and then to anyone who happens to read this.
************
#1. Get in Good physical condition and run at least 3 - 5K races. This has nothing to do with size or weight, but how I feel physically. I have no more pain in my hip or back and no excuse not to exercise regularly and eat right to be happy and healthy for my family.

#2. Become a better person mentally, and spiritually by spending more time reading and improving my education and less time vegging in front of a silly movie or computer screen. To do this I will read each Sunday School lesson and the church magazines and at least 20 good books.
#3. Be a giver and think of others more. Smile at everyone and recognize that they too are children of God and only deserve the best I have to give.

#4. Attend the Eppert Family Reunion over Labor Day weekend this year. I believe that families are forever! I need to see my family more. I would hate for them not to recognize me in the hereafter. ;-)
*******
May you find success this year as each of you work towards achieving your goals.

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Is that the cabin that you guys built in Indiana????

Cathy Shields said...

Good goals. My goal is to be more like Cindy :)

Loved the pic of the cabin, brings back memories.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Yes Mollie, that is the "infamous" Cabin.