Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Come What May and Love it!

Although the outcome of this current election is not the one I had hoped for, I refuse to be disheartened. I woke up this morning with the knowledge that I am still among the most blessed people in the world and when I started counting those blessings.... and I realized that in my little world, all is well.

With that, I want to share these thoughts:

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin taught us a simple truth; Come what may and love it! "...., every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don’t sing and bells don’t ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result."
".... How can we love days that are filled with sorrow? We can’t—at least not in the moment.... But I do believe that the way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life.

If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness."


From President Gordon B. Hinkley:

 "Now,...we must do our duty, whatever that duty might be. Peace may be denied for a season. Some of our liberties may be curtailed. We may be inconvenienced. We may even be called on to suffer in one way or another. But God our Eternal Father will watch over this nation and all of the civilized world who look to Him. He has declared, “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord” (Ps. 33:12). Our safety lies in repentance. Our strength comes of obedience to the commandments of God. Let us be prayerful. Let us pray for righteousness. Let us pray for the forces of good. Let us reach out to help men and women of goodwill, whatever their religious persuasion and wherever they live. Let us stand firm against evil, both at home and abroad. Let us live worthy of the blessings of heaven, reforming our lives where necessary and looking to Him, the Father of us all. He has said, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Ps. 46:10). Are these perilous times? They are. But there is no need to fear. We can have peace in our hearts and peace in our homes. We can be an influence for good in this world, every one of us."


I will work, I will do, but above all I will be thankful!








No comments: