Tuesday, April 9, 2013

18,848 Stitches

This morning I finished practicing on the blue fabric with my new Handi-quilter and decided to try and quilt a small baby quilt. I bought this fabric on Thursday just for practice. I put it on the quilter by myself and realized I need to get more straight pins if I am going to do larger quilts. That took me about 45 minutes.
I decided to stitch around all of the little squares but I only did detail stitching on the blocks that had flowers on them.
Above you can see where I stitched around the outline of the printed design and below you can see where I did some very small 'stipling' stitching on the blocks with multiple flowers. 
I looked at the back and I think it looks pretty good for my first attempt. I do need to adjust my bobbin tension tomorrow as I had a few RR tracks on the back of the quilt.
When I finished I had put 18,848 stitches in this quilt in around 2 1/2 hours I can't even imagine how long it would take me to hand stitch 18,848 stitches! I think I will bind this in a pretty pink and then it will be ready for someone's sweet baby. 
What do you think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Jacob and Cami said...

Looks good! I want to learn how to stiple quilt!