Saturday, August 15, 2020

A Good Friday to Marry

 Cali called me the last week in March to tell me she and Alan were going to get married. If the world was going to be going crazy they might as well join in. She asked me not to tell the children as she felt she needed to do that in person. So when we got them home on Thursday Alan had a delicious Italian Dinner all ready for us and Cali told them the news. Parker was very excited. Gideon said "Cool. I'm good with that."

πŸ’–πŸ’

And so Friday as Cali and Parker primped and painted nails, I decided to try to put together a small wedding celebration.  Cali had ordered flowers earlier in the week and even bought some pretty plates and napkins. Due to the virus many smaller stores and bakeries were closed. I went to the grocery store and found a cake. Cali said pink would work.

Picked up the bouquets and boutineers and for a few dollars more they gave me some loose flowers and greenery to decorate the cake with.

By 1:30 our very small wedding party was ready to get Cali to the church on time.

She looked radiant! She was so happy she was glowing.

There is a fun story about this dress. She bought it in 2018 after a frustrating and sad event in her life. It was her "I am happy with me" gift to herself. She had only been dating Alan for a short time. I was there when the dress arrived and when she modeled it for me I said, "Oh Cali, that will be perfect for your wedding"! She was a little shocked that I would say that, then she took a good look at herself and said, "I know. Right?"

I happen to know that from that time on, every time she went to visit Alan she took the dress with her 'just in case'. πŸ˜‰ 


Due to the Arizona government restrictions of no more than 10 people at a gathering our wedding party was small. Only 8 people including Cali's Bishop who officiated at the ceremony.

The Bride and Groom, Cali and Alan, JaNae Clegg, Cali's dear friend, running buddy, bridesmaid and photographer, Parker and Gideon, of course, Alan's good friend Charles (the best man) and me.


Gideon took a video of the ceremony and I sent a video out on Marco Polo, which is how Cali's sisters and Cody found out she was getting married. 



Mr. And Mrs. Alan Rasmussen and family.


Our little reception. It was delightful.

Beautiful JaNea and the bouquet.



I am so proud of my beautiful daughter. She makes me happy.


So this is what I did to the cake to dress it up a little. Not bad for 20 minutes of decorating.

And yes, we did the tradition share the wedding cake and bubbly.



Sometimes you just have to be serious, like when your wife has the knife.






We had a fun time, a little dancing for the happy couple, congratulations all around, hugs and kisses and making some great memories.

It was truly a Good Friday for Mr. and Mrs. Rasmussen.

πŸ’–Love you two!πŸ’–

No comments: