Monday, August 17, 2020

Finals and Family - Life's a Beach!

May 2020

Last fall Skye went back to Southern Virginia University to finish her final year of school. In the fall semester he took 19 credits and starting in January she took 21 credits to finish her degree. She knew it would be a tough row to hoe, but little did she realize what was coming in April. The Schools were closed. All of them (except maybe in South Dakota. They know how to do things right there.) This meant Skye's older girls were out of school and distance learning from home with mom as their teacher, Skye was doing all of her school work from home and the babysitter could no longer watch Avery. The last days of school were coming up and the first weeks of May meant Finals would start. How in the word could she get it all done?

📚📙📚📘

She took the girls to Ryan's parents and stayed there for Easter and a couple of weeks, but soon it proved too much. It's interesting to me how the promptings of the Holy Spirit works. I was feeling impressed to call Skye and see if she wanted to bring the girls down to Mississippi so I could watch them while she studied in the empty apartment we had for our crew. As I was thinking about this she called and I told her I wanted her to come down and she said, "I was just going to ask you that".

Sunday May 3, 2020

Mississippi opened up their beaches the first of May for small groups if you practiced ''Social Distancing" (Keeping 6' apart)

 Skye and the girls arrived about 1:30 in the morning. I was so excited to see them. I put them to bed and after we had Home Church on Sunday we drove over to Ocean Springs to show Skye around and stopped at the beach so the girls could run a little.


And run and enjoy the sand is what they did! Annabelle found some shells, Avery wandered and Reagan shows her shell treasures.





Annabelle shows her skill at wave jumping and not getting wet!



It was hard for them to stay dry but they did a pretty good job. I promised them that I would bring them back to the beach the next day so they could play and swim in the water!


Monday May 4, 2020
BEACH DAY!





It is very shallow here and a great place to bring the little girls. Oh what a fun day we had. 

I almost felt guilty enjoying the sun, sand and sea with the girls while Darryl was hard at work and Skye was stuck with her nose in the books... so to speak.

 
But I didn't. This is what I have spent the last 20 years training for. 

Being a "Cool" Grandma!

More adventures to come!  

FYI - May 4, 2020. The 46th anniversary of the day I was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The best decision I've ever made.



No comments: