Sunday, January 3, 2021

Painting, Beach Day and the Lights of Bellingrath Gardens

Before Skye and Ryan left of Wednesday I had the children help me with a little art project I am working on. I needed to get all of their handprints in whatever color of paint they wanted. It took a couple of tries but we finally got it right.

Wednesday evening I had a painting session with Tyree and Clancy.  Tyree specifically asked for an abstract art that she could put up in her new bedroom. She chose the designs and colors and sponged painted this little masterpiece. 


For some reason I don't have a photo of Clancy working on his painting. He had to have a "Black Drum" fish picture and I made him use the palate knife and do quite a bit of it. I did put the details in for him though, He was quite bored by that time. I've never done anything like this where I wasn't copying something someone else had done, so I was quite proud of how this turned out. 

 We had one more nice day on Thursday so we went back to the beach, this time in Ocean Springs. Tyree and Clancy had so much fun and the game of tag wore all the adults out. I'm in no shape to be running in the sand. That's hard work!














We had one more thing to do before Jesse and Kelly could leave Friday morning. We took them to walk through the Christmas lights at Bellingrath Gardens. It was totally worth the money and the time to drive there. These photos are only a small snippet of the beautiful light displays they had.
Mr. Bellingrath made his fortune as one of the original bottlers of Coca-Cola. So they always have a Coca-Cola display.

I forgot my camera so I had to get these from Jesse's facebook post, but believe me, there is so much more! Band Concert, lights on the water, up the hill sides and all over. It's so neat to walk right next to all of these different displays.

Critters you wouldn't expect like raccoons and armadillos,

Alligators in the cattails. It was all amazing!

I think the under the sea lights were a favorite for everyone!


And the enchanting area where you could get some popcorn, hot chocolate, coffee or something a little stronger. 🍷🍺

It was a true delight and a wonderful adventure to end their vacation.

There was a bonus! Darryl bought me this beautiful Christmas Tree Ornament to remember this time together.


No comments: