Sunday, October 10, 2021

More Mississippi Fun with Gideon and Parker

 Saturday June 19, 2021

We drove into Ocean Springs and took Gideon and Parker on a tour of downtown, stopping at the toy store, Candy Store, Fine arts store and Gallery and the Walter Anderson Museum. 




We stopped on the way home and bought crawfish and treated the kids to some fine Cajun dining. Haha!




For Father's Day we did our best to spoil Grandpa!

Everyone needs a Bob Ross Chia Pet!

I taught Parker to sew and she was a very good student as we made her mommy a new apron.


And of course their visit wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Mississippi Aquarium. We made full day of fun going to the Aquarium in the morning and the beach in the afternoon, stopping at Sharkheads beach shop of the way home for souvenirs. 






I see you in the bubble Miss Parker!


Gideon the Thinker.


This ray was just flirting with them. I think they finally did touch one.








We watched movies, swam, played games and had a great time. When Parker watched the live action "Dora the Explorer" movie, she realized she has a haircut just like Dora, so we just had to find her matching clothes to wear. 
Too soon it was time for them to go home. Gideon and Dora the Explorer.... er... I mean Parker, Flew to Idaho to spend time with their dad and other grandparents.

There is a lot about this Covid-19 pandemic that is just a pain. Having to wear masks all the time and constant reminders to wash your hands. At least the New Orleans airport tries to make it fun.

The above sign says "Wash your hands for 20 seconds - Sing along
"I see trees of green, red roses too, I see them bloom for me and you. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world".

But this one made me laugh out loud. -
Wash your hands like you just ate crawfish and you need to take your contacts out.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi I remember the fun we had there