Monday, January 10, 2022

A Mississippi Guffey Thanksgiving! - Part 1

Shiloh and Jason came for the Thanksgiving holiday with their 8 children and a friend. What a great time we had!

Wednesday November 24, 2021

Jason ended up driving all night with only a 2 hour nap at a rest stop. He may have been tired, but Wesley was raring to go!


After lunch we loaded up the family and went to the Mississippi Aquarium. The weather was beautiful and all the animals were happy!, Well, except for this bird. He always seems a little "angry". Haha!


If I thought I could keep them alive, I would love to build an aviary for myself. There is something so peaceful about being inside with all these beautiful birds.

It was so interesting to see how well camouflaged the golden pheasant is in the grass.

The Ibis are fun to watch as they move. They have both White and Scarlett Ibis in their aviary.

"What're you lookin' at?" I do believe this is one of my favorite birds. He has so much personality in one look. 

I wish I knew the names of these birds. I guess I'll need to make another trip to the aquarium before I leave.

Everybody loves the dolphins!


I believe Wesley was having the time of his life! Benny and Micah were really enjoying it too!

LOOK!!!! Fishies!

Of all the times I have visited this aquarium, these are the first decent photos I've been able to get of the otters. They are usually too fast for me!


The touch pool is always a favorite for the kiddos. Here, Micah is letting the cleaning shrimp have their way with his hand.

I find the big kids, like Lydia, and the adults enjoy the touch pool as much as the "littles".


And the real favorite... everyone waiting on the stingrays and sharks to swim by so they can feel what it's like to "Pet Cream", because that's how I've heard touching a ray described.



Wesley was so excited to go into the tunnel..

Starting at the back going left to right:
Preston, Micah, Lydia, Maggie, Macayla, Shiloh.
middle: Adrianna, Wesley, Adam and Jason, and of course, me taking the selfie!

The boy in the bubble. Hello handsome Adam!

Another bubble boy named Benny.

Benny just 'chillaxin' under the sea!

I think Lydia was trying to communicate with the sea life, kind of like Ariel the mermaid.

Hey look! Micah is a bubble boy too!

It's a tradition now. I always try to get a silhouette of the family at the big aquarium.

And Maggie waves goodbye to all the fish. "See you in our dreams".

Before we left we had to get at least one picture of a kiddo on the alligator.

Wesley didn't stay on him long, but he did try to poke out the gator's eye! Haha!

No comments: