Monday, January 3, 2022

New Art, a Dear Friend and Halloween Fun

October 15, 2021

I saw these two  memes today and thought they offered very good advice.


Thomas Sowell is one of my favorite philosophers these days. He doesn't pull any punches with the truth.


And this Frederick Douglass' (1818-1895) advice is always appropriate. It says a lot about the times in which we live when things I thought were common sense must be retaught to all the younger generations.

🤵🤵🤵 

I still go to art class every Wednesday with Marguerite Pavarnik. Here are some of my latest works.

I did another sunset for my friend Angela. this one is in Watercolor and India Ink.


A Lighthouse on the rocks in watercolor, 


and I tried a penguin for Sandy's birthday since penguins are her favorite, but I ended up making him stand on a weird psychedelic rock, ...


So I tried again on snow, but he still doesn't look right. I'll keep working on him.
*****
In the meantime I did some sewing, putting together aprons with towels attached for my girls. This on is for Hillary.

Saturday October 16, 2021
Darryl and I are still working at the Baton Rouge Temple two Saturdays a month, and on this Saturday we were surprised to see a dear friend in one of the sessions. Mick Place was in the area working Hurricane relief and took time out to come to the temple. We took him out to dinner afterwards and had a wonderful time catching up. It has been 17 or 18 years since we've seen this young man. When we lived in Indiana he and his friend Jared Ratley would come over from Illinois to take Cali and Shiloh out on dates.  Oh those were the days. Darryl and I last saw him shortly before he left on his mission!


I found this scripture very enlightening and uplifting as our world struggles with the actual issues of the Covid-19 pandemic and all the politics and frustrations that seem to go along with it.
D&C 124:87

Friday October 29, 2021
Just in time for a Halloween Costume as the Sea Hag, my crown fell out. - Not Good.


But luckily for me, the dentist next door was able to get me in to put it back in place. Which is a good thing, because I wasn't planning on being a Sea Hag for Halloween.


Saturday October 30, 2021
We had our Branch Halloween Party and Chili dinner in Lucedale. About 17 of us were there and we had a wonderful time.

The Whitted family went all out!

And so did "Luigi" Darryl the soda Jerk.

Ahhh... He's still my Hunka-hunka burnin' love!

Sister Betty Vasko and I both got into the spirit of the holiday!

We were so thankful for everyone who came and for Sister Cheney and Sister Haskin, our dear missionaries, helping us set up and decorate.



After dinner we went out to the parking lot and had a Trunk-or-Treat. Everyone loved "Luigi" and his magic Soda Machine! Even the adults tried it out!


The best part of the evening were all of the cars that just pulled into the parking lot to try out our tiny trunk or treat. It made for a great evening!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

No comments: