Sunday, January 9, 2022

Filthy Floyd, My Pelican and a Work in Progress

Wednesday Nov. 17, 2021

I've had time to do some painting in November. Here are a few of my latest works of art.

🖌🖌🖌

          I had a watercolor photo of a flamingo and decided to try doing a pallet knife painting of the bird. The bottom of him looked muddy so I called him "Filthy Floyd".


The sister Missionaries came over on their P-Day at the end of November and I helped them with a little landscape art project. 


This pelican is currently my favorite watercolor painting. I was going to try and brush in individual feathers, but he looked so good just the way he is that I left him alone. All of my art teachers have told me that the hardest part of painting is knowing when to stop painting. For once I followed their advice and I love the results.

When Jesse and Kelly returned from their African hunting trip Kelly showed me a painting and asked me if I could do one similar for Jesse. I was hoping to have this Triptych finished before Christmas, but I painted it in oils and it took until December 30th before it was dry enough for me to finish.

Here we almost have the finished work. I still need to paint the black border and put in some foreground bushes.

Jesse asked me to paint a watercolor frog as a Christmas gift for a family member. I think I like this little guy.

Darryl like Floyd so much he framed him and hung him up in the hall.


 My last watercolor of 2021 is a purple iris. Looking at it I think I need to put a stem on that flower. Skye and Cami told me that without a stem it looks like the dancing flowers from Fantasia. That's a compliment I will take.

I finished Jesse and Kelly's African painting. This has the 5 big animals that they killed on their hunt. 


From the left: Sable, Impala, Wildebeest, Kudu and Gemsbok.


I really like to paint and have several ideas of what I want to do. I just need to be braver and do them. 

No comments: