Friday, May 31, 2024

April Fun and Missionary Time

Wednesday April 3, 2024

The last time I bought a summertime white skirt was in 2011, but it is in storage in the USA. When I found this cute new one for $10.00 I couldn't resist. I love shopping here in Colombia, but I actually bought this skirt at Ross when I was in Idaho! What a deal!

Back in Cartagena the weather is still hot and sunny everyday, but occasionally we have a few clouds, a portent of the rainy season that will soon be upon us. 


Cali sent this to me and I think it is pretty funny and mostly accurate. 

I bought this light cotton dress for around $12.00. The length came down well below my knees, so I hemmed it and now it's a great casual dress for running errands on hot afternoons. The best thing is it has pockets!! Yes!

Friday April 5th. Darryl gets a rare weekday off work and we make the most of it! I love having the pool all to ourselves.

Saturday April 6, 2024
General Conference
Darryl and I had the privilege to be of service and make new friends this day. We received a phone call from missionaries here asking if we could go to the hospital and help out a couple of Americans who were at the Serena Mar hospital. This is Sister Leanne from Salt Lake City who had a medical Emergency onboard a cruise ship. She spent two days in the ship infirmary and when they docked in Cartagena she was transferred here.

She and her husband Garth were quite lost as they didn't speak Spanish or know the customs or food of this part of Colombia. Darryl and I were able to visit and spend the day with them, get them something different to eat than hospital food and reassure them that they were not alone. 

We have made good friends in Leanne and Garth Wilson. We visited them on Sunday morning and with Darryl's ability to drive like a Colombian Taxi driver, were able to get them to the airport to catch their plane back to the USA.

On Monday I took the sister missionaries out to lunch, Sister Mantilla (L) and Sister Alvarez (R).

Oh they love Sushi!!


And when we finished lunch we went back to my apartment to paint a little. 
I unsuccessfully tried a portrait. No, I didn't mean to make a scar on her forehead. Yes, I need more practice. A lot more!

The Sisters were busy with a floral watercolor and an acrylic landscape.


Lovely work ladies!


It was quite a fun afternoon.

And finally, I want to introduce you to our maid, Maria. The owner of this apartment insists that we have a maid come in at least once a week, and this young lady does a fabulous job. 

This is her profile picture. I'm not sure if she had a makeover or if it's AI, but except for the hair it looks just like her. She is such a lovely young mother.

We have had to endure a month of street construction out in front of our apartment. It's a little inconvenient now, but it will be great when it's finished.

Mangos are starting to get ripe. When they want some they knock them out of the trees with a long pole.


In the "Cindy is a klutz" department, I had a slight accident when I walked into the sliding glass door I was sure I left open. Oh wait, I did leave it open, but Darryl closed it and I tried to step through it because it was really, really clean. Thank you Maria.

O couldn't wear my glasses for about 2 days. 
πŸ πŸ€ΏπŸ™πŸ€ΏπŸ™πŸ€ΏπŸ 
And to finish out the month of April, I took a Scuba Diving refresher course in a beautiful hotel swimming pool to prepare for my upcoming dive in Cozumel, Mexico. Darryl went with me, but the only photos taken were those of the wildlife living on the hotel property near pool.



And on Sunday, April 28th the young women at church replicated King Benjamins tower (from the book of Mosiah) with skewers and marshmallows.

April was a great month! 


No comments: