Friday, May 9, 2008

The Sandstorm

Yesterday, at about 10:00 in the morning the wind started to blow. By noon it was howling and it picked up even more and blew all day. We were working down in a pit on the collection tunnel and it literally rained dirt, rocks and sand on us all day.





The video of Cody was taken at about 4:30. Cody remarked it was like being in the movie, "The Mummy". I laughed and then when we got home we could see where the sand had blown in under and around the door and through the shutters. Hmmmm.. Maybe I should go and try to find a cat.

5 comments:

Jacob and Cami said...

I am glad it's you and not me. I hate sand. It gets everywhere you don't want it to.

Leisha Mareth said...

Whoa! I totally thought of the Mummy movie too! creepy!

~* Laura Ann *~ said...

Wow we thought the weather here was dry because it rains occasionally, but raining sand is by far worse! hee hee! jk! I have to say that I love all of the cool pictures you guys put up on your blog! Its so cool to whats going on over there! And it's often amusing... nice rock burger too! ha ha!!!
Laura Ann

Kelly and Jesse said...

I'm not quite for sure what the video was about, but Cody sure has the walk down.

Guffey Family said...

No kidding. He looks like he just stepped out of a "final battle" scene of some action movie.