Tuesday, March 22, 2011

OUCH!!! No Wonder it Hurt!!

It happened around the 1st of March. I was running down a quiet street in Laie, Hawaii when a sharp pain shot through my ankle. I had a lot of fun still waiting for me in the Aloha State so I wrapped it up tight and kept going..... for the next 10 days.
It kept hurting and nagging me but I was undaunted. I was a little shocked at how swollen it got when I flew home, but it was bearable. I even taped it up on Saturday and power walked my first 5K. Sunday it was extremely sore, more than normal and last night it hurt so bad I had trouble sleeping. This morning I had enough and finally went to the Dr. to get an X-Ray.
Diagnosis: Broken Fibula in the ankle. Miraculously, it was still in alignment, so the Dr. put me in a knee high stability boot for the next 4-6 weeks. I hope I am a quick healer! I want to get back to running.

1 comment:

Jacob and Cami said...

I think you could win the prettiest legs contest with that boot!